Friday, September 01, 2006

That Morning After Feeling

I feel great! I finally made it back to class after missing six days in a row. I also missed an important seminar at a neighboring dojo because I was sent to Miami on business. After just a few days there, they sent me back home because Hurricane Ernesto was going to make landfall in Miami...so, no dojo, no seminar, and unfinished business in Miami. I am scheduled to return to Florida this Monday and stay for a whole week but in the meantime, I am able to go back to class.

A senior student taught last night. It was a good class, although I struggled with a bit of stiffness at the beginning. It's amazing what being absent from the dojo for six days will do to my body. I felt my practice to be slower and harder than the last time I attended in which I felt very light on my feet.

Now as I wake up I feel that delicious light soreness and my body feels toned and sharp. I love this feeling.

On a side note...I have always been afraid of flying. Yet, on this last trip to Miami I flew very calmly. There was still a twinge of anxiety on the back of my mind, but overall I was very calm and even managed to enjoy the experience. I meditated when I felt anxiety creeping in, but I mostly spent my time looking at those beautiful cloud formations. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home